Sunday, October 23, 2011

Orrin Hatch Is Just Too Kind and Lovable (to be a terrorist)

The Salt Lake Tribune reports:

"At least twice, Sen. Orrin Hatch has been forced to go through full-body scanners at the airport instead of walking through a regular metal detector. It’s a complaint he has heard from Utahns and one he recently pressed with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano."


Well...I have been forced to go through the full body scanners MORE than twice, as have countless other travelers, including my three daughters. I have asked them to decline the scanner and subject themselves to the humiliating and invasive hand search, because I just don't trust the safety of the scanners, and they just might want to have children one day.

Am I wrong not to take our governments assurances of safety at  face value? I am of an age that children hid under school desks for nuclear bomb drills! Fortunately (for me) I lived on the east coast or I may have been one to witness nuclear testing in the southwestern deserts for entertainment and paying for it with my life, literally.


Besides the safety issue, why shouldn't Orrin Hatch be subject to TSA security (just like everyone else) that he and the government has inflicted on us. While our civil rights are being abused, why shouldn't his? I can assure you that he will be spared the scans, now that he complained. And pretty sure I will be subject to tighter security now that I complained about him.



No comments:

Post a Comment